Severe Weather and Heavy Rain Update: April 14, 2023
Click HERE and HERE for an update concerning the severe weather and heavy rain threat that is developing for tomorrow, Saturday, April 15:
WHAT: MARGINAL RISK to SLIGHT RISK for severe weather and a MARGINAL RISK for flooding rainfall.
WHEN: Mainly during the daylight hours tomorrow, from mid-morning through the early evening hours.
WHERE: Across all of southeastern Louisiana and southern Mississippi.
- We have moderate confidence in the formation of strong to severe storms as well as the timing of those storms. There is much less confidence in the location of the development of those storms.
- We have low confidence for any flooding concerns.
The main threats associated with any severe storms will be:
- Damaging winds in excess of 60 mph.
- Hail in excess of 1 inch in diameter.
- An isolated tornado cannot be ruled out.
The main threats associated with any heavy rainfall will be:
- Rainfall totals of 1-3 inches with higher localized amounts possible, which could cause flash flooding in poor drainage and urbanized areas.