Press Release - TPG Road Work: Week of July 11, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller
LORANGER—DOTD will close a portion of LA 40 eastbound in Loranger early next week to replace a drainage culvert.
Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller said LA 40 will be closed at a site approximately .3 miles east of the junction with LA 443, just west of Harmon Trace, starting on Monday, July 11, and continuing through approximately 7 p.m., on Thursday, July 14. Crews will be replacing a major drainage structure at that location and no traffic will be allowed in the construction zone while work is progressing.
Detours will be posted, and motorists who are traveling west on LA 40 are encouraged to take LA 445 north to LA 1062 west which will then re-intersect with LA 40. Motorists traveling west on LA 40 can travel north to LA 1062 and then go east to LA 445 and proceed south to re-intersect with LA 40.
The work on LA 40 work is one of several road projects planned during the next week. Miller said the parish’s contractor will be working in the following areas in coming days:
- Monday, July 11: Dressing on Fontana Road, Pine Street, Charles Sinagra, West Wilson Street, Maggio, and Black Cat; milling on Cannino; and paving on Lanier and Celia Street;
- Tuesday, July 12: Dressing on Fontana Road, Pine Street, Charles Sinagra, West Wilson Street, Maggio, and Black Cat; milling on Mayeaux and Crapanzano; paving on Forest Lane and Rue Monet; and patching on Cannino Road;
- Wednesday, July 13: Dressing on Tantillo, T Hardy, North Wilson, Western Avenue, West and East Green Streets, Natchez, and Mooney Avenue; milling on Mayeaux and Crapanzano; paving on Audubon Drive and Beckendorf;
- Thursday, July 14: Dressing on North Lee Hughes Road, South Elm Street, and Fern Street; milling on Greco Road; patching on Mayeaux and Crapanzano Road;
- Friday, July 15: Dressing on Lee Farm Road and East and West Bennett Roads; milling on East Merry Street; patching on Greco Road; and
- Saturday, July 16: Dressing on Lee Farm and East and Eat Bennett Roads; milling on Nicholson Circle and Blaire Boulevard; patching on East Merry Street.
In addition to these projects, Miller said the RPC Road Rehab project continues in south Tangipahoa Parish this week. Crews are scheduled to patch North Baptist Road during the week of July 11. Motorists can expect delays in the area while crews are working, Miller said.
In Ponchatoula, a portion of Wadesboro Road will be closed between Jones Road and Everett Lane on Wednesday and Thursday while production crews film scenes for an upcoming feature film titled Rebel Ridge. Residents in the area have been notified that vehicle traffic will be limited to only those who live in the area between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. each of those days. Miller said detour signs will be posted during the closure.
For more information on local road conditions and closure notices, consult the Tangipahoa Parish government website (www.Tangipahoa.org) and the TPG social media channels.