Press Release: Road Works 7/5/22 - 7/9/22
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller
INDEPENDENCE—Following several afternoons of inclement weather, Tangipahoa Parish road crews will return from the Independence Day holiday to catch up on several outstanding overlay projects across the parish.
Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller said local crews and the parish contractor are planning to work Tuesday through Saturday this coming week to finish several of the roads that were started in late June.
Among the projects planned this coming week are:
- Tuesday, July 5: Dressing on Fontana Road, Pine Street, Charles Sinagra, West Wilson Street, Maggio Road, and Black Cat; paving in Bradley Court Subdivision, Natchez Street, Mooney Avenue, and Lee Farm Road;
- Wednesday, July 6: Continued dressing on Fontana Road, Pine Street, Charles Sinagra, West Wilson Street, Maggio Road, and Black Cat; paving on Lanier and 1st Street; milling on Cannino Road; and patching on Forest and Celia;
- Thursday, July 7: Dressing on Tantillo, T. Hardy, and North Wilson; patching on Audubon Drive; and paving on North Rateau Road;
- Friday, July 8: Dressing on Western Avenue, West and East Green, Natchez and Mooney; paving on Rue Monet and Beckendorf;
- Saturday, July 9: Continued dressing on Western Avenue, West and East Green, Natchez and Mooney; milling on Mayeaux and Crapanzano; and paving on Forest Lane.
In addition to these projects, RPC contractors will continue patching work on Wardline Road Tuesday, July 5, through Thursday, July 7. They will also begin patching North Baptist Road on Thursday, July 7 through Friday, July 8.
Miller also reminds the community that film crews will be working in the Loranger and Amite areas later this week. As a result, motorists can expect road closures in these areas:
- On Thursday, July 7, crews will be filming between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., on Briar Patch Cemetery and East Bell Roads in the Loranger area.
- On Friday, July 8, crews will be working on Larock Road near Old US 51 south of Amite. Filming is planned between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
For updates on local road conditions and road closure notices, consult the Tangipahoa Parish Government website (www.Tangipahoa.org) and the TPG social media channels.