Press Release: Road Works 6/27/22 - 7/2/22
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller
HAMMOND—Motorists may experience delays on Wardline Road this coming week as crews begin patching portions of the roadway.
The project is part of the Regional Planning Commission’s “road rehab” program for South Tangipahoa Parish. Parish President Robby Miller, who serves on the RPC, said patching will begin Monday, June 27, and continue through Friday, July 1, weather permitting.
The Wardline Road project is just one of several state and regional infrastructure improvements happening in Tangipahoa Parish this summer. In the Loranger area, work continues this week on a major drainage structure below LA 40. DOTD crews have closed a portion of the roadway at a point approximately 1.61 miles north of the junction of LA 40 and LA 443 in Loranger. Miller said DOTD required a complete road closure at the point of construction, and detours have been posted.
Locally, the parish’s contractor is working on milling, patching, and paving operations in the following areas:
- Monday, June 27: Patching on North Rateau Road and Lanier Street;
- Tuesday, June 28: Miling on Rue Monet and Beckendorf; paving on West and East Bennett Road;
- Wednesday, June 29: Milling on Forest Lane; paving in Bradley Court Subdivision;
- Thursday, June 30: Patching on Celia Street; paving on Lee Farm Road;
- Friday, July 1 and Saturday, July 2: Patching on Audubon Road, Celia, Forest, Rue Monet, and Beckendorf; paving on Natchez and Mooney.
For updates on local road conditions and road closure notices, consult the Tangipahoa Parish Government website (www.Tangipahoa.org) and the TPG social media channels.