Press Release: Road Works 5/9/22 - 5/14/22
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller
INDEPENDENCE—Overlay crews are now working six days a week in Tangipahoa Parish, where Parish President Robby Miller says the Phase 2022 pay-as-you-go road work is well underway.
While weather permits, crews are working Monday through Saturday on overlay projects across the parish, Miller said. In recent days, crews have been milling Old US 51 (Pine Street) in Independence, preparing to soil-cement West Fontana Road, and working on the railroad crossings at Black Cat Road and Maggio Road.
During the week of May 9, crews will be working in the following areas:
- Monday, May 9: Miling on the Black Cat and Maggio crossings and Old US 51 (Pine Street); patching on West Wilson Street, Charles Sinagra Avenue, and Old US 51 (Pine Street); and soil cement on West Fontana Road;
- Tuesday, May 10: Milling on Greco Road, Tantillo, and T Hardy Road; patching on West Wilson Street, Charles Sinagra, and Old US 51 (Pine Street);
- Wednesday, May 11: Milling on Tantillo, T Hardy, and North Lee Hughes Road;
- Thursday, May 12: Milling on North Lee Hughes Road and Cannino Road; patching on Cannino Road;
- Friday, May 13: Milling on Cannino Road and Mayeaux Road; patching on Cannino Road; milling and paving on Black Cat and Maggio crossings; paving on West Fontana Road;
- Saturday, May 14: milling on Mayeaux and Crapanzano Roads; paving on West Fontana Road; patching on Cannino Road.
All work is weather permitting. Signs will be posted on the day of construction.
For more information on Tangipahoa Parish road work, go to www.Tangipahoa.org or check out the Tangipahoa Parish Government social media channels on Facebook and Twitter.