Press Release: Road Closure 5/19/22
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller
HUSSER—A portion of East Bell Road will be closed on Thursday, May 19, as parish crews replace a failing cross drain.
Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller said East Bell Road will be closed between Smilin’ Acres and Briar Patch Cemetery Road by Shiloh Church of Christ on Thursday, May 19, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Crews will be changing out a cross drain to prepare for an upcoming overlay project. No traffic will be allowed in the area while crews are working on the culvert, Miller said.
In addition to this project, the parish’s overlay contractor will be working in the following areas during the week of May 16:
- Monday, May 16: Paving on Fontana Road; milling on Greco Road;
- Tuesday, May 17: Milling on Tantillo/T Hardy Road and Greco Road; paving on Fontana Road;
- Wednesday, May 18: Soil cement on Fontana Road; milling on North Lee Hughes Road, Tantillo/T Hardy Road; paving on Old US 51 (Pine Street) in Independence and West Wilson Street;
- Thursday, May 19: Soil cement on Fontana Road; milling on Cannino Road and North Lee Hughes Road; paving on West Wilson Street and Charles Sinagra Road;
- Friday, May 20: Milling on Cannino Road; patching on Cannino Road; milling and paving on Black Cat and the Maggio Road crossings; paving on Charles Sinagra Road; and
- Saturday, May 21: Patching on Cannino Road; milling on Crapanzano Road; milling and paving on Black Cat and Maggio Road crossings.
All road work will be posted the day of construction, Miller said.
For more information on Tangipahoa Parish road work, go to www.Tangipahoa.org or check out the Tangipahoa Parish Government social media channels on Facebook and Twitter.