1. Creating Your Account
When you click "Sign Up" you will be asked to create an account. Below are the steps you will need to follow in order to complete your account creation.
- Create a Username - Usernames must be a minimum of 4 acceptable characters. Acceptable characters are: uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, period, dash (-), underscore (_), and at symbol (@). No other characters or symbols are permitted at this time.
- Create a Password - Passwords must be 8 to 64 characters long and contain at least one letter and one number. Special characters are permitted, but limited to !@#$%^&*().
- Select a security question and enter its answer.
- Enter a Registration Email Address - This address is used to send temporary passwords if you forget your credentials.
- Click "Create Your Account".
2. Completing Your Profile
After creating your user name and password, you'll be brought to a page where you can complete your profile. This is where you enter your personal information, including First Name, Last Name and Registration Email.
Next, you will select how you want to receive alerts. Options may include SMS text messages, email, mobile phones, landlines, or a mobile application for Android and iOS devices. The order you set these contact paths will be the order we will try and reach you in the event of an emergency.
You can also register as a resident or business — simply use your company name for first and last name if registering a business.
3. Choose Your Location Preferences
We send alerts based on a geographical location on a map. Insert up to five addresses for which you want to receive an alert if the location is affected by an incident or upcoming event.
- If the address you provided is not in our database of known addresses for our jurisdiction, you will be presented with other options to add your address into this system, including:
- Selection from a list of suggested addresses
- Dropping a pin to select your location on the map (Microsoft Silverlight plug-in is required)
You will not receive any location based alerts if you do not provide a complete address.
4. Sign Up for Alerts You Care About
You'll be presented with various alert subscriptions to sign up for. These could be important community alerts, weather notifications, etc.
Once you have finished and saved your account, you have successfully signed up. If you have any questions, call 985-748-3211
Functions like a weather radio, but with unique local alerts from emergency officials. These alerts and messages could include NWS severe weather warnings, homeland security notices, hurricane evacuation instructions, Amber Alerts, or school closings. The emergency information is sent out by federal, state, or local government agencies or by companies wishing to distribute information.