SBA Resumes Taking Applications for the Paycheck Protection Program
On Friday, I joined President Trump in the Oval Office as he signed the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act. I had the opportunity to thank President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence for working with Congress to secure an additional $320 billion to replenish the Paycheck Protection Program, which has been a lifeline for millions of American workers and small businesses. Click here to view my remarks in the Oval Office as President Trump signed this job-saving legislation.
As a result, the SBA resumed taking Paycheck Protection Program applications from participating lenders on April 27, 2020. You can apply through any existing SBA 7(a) lender or through any federally insured depository institution, federally insured credit union, and Farm Credit System institution that is participating in the program.
Read about the Paycheck Protection Program here.
Important Information for Veterans and SSI Recipients
The IRS announced that VA and SSI recipients who have a qualifying child and didn’t file a 2018 or 2019 tax return have a limited window to register to have $500 per eligible child added automatically to their $1,200 Economic Impact Payment.
Please use the Non-Filers tool on IRS.gov by MAY 5th to register to have $500 per child added to your $1,200 Economic Impact Payment.
Community Updates and Good News of the Week
- The CDC has awarded Louisiana over $19 million in support of our response to COVID-19. According to the CDC, this funding will help states with their efforts to re-open by expanding capacity for testing, contact tracing, and containment.
- The Louisiana Department of Education announced that it would provide child care to essential critical infrastructure personnel for an additional 30 days.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development made $45.9 million in COVID-19 funding available to Louisiana through allocations provided by the CARES Act.
- I recently joined several of my colleagues to send a letter to President Trump requesting adequate COVID-19 relief for our nation’s farmers and ranchers.
- As of April 14, FEMA delivered 350 ventilators, 208,122 N-95 masks, 494,800 surgical masks, 101,978 medical gowns, 83,633 coveralls, 3,693 face shields, and 483,374 gloves from the Strategic National Stockpile to Louisiana.
America has the smartest doctors, scientists, researchers, and lab workers in the world—and right now they are all united on one mission: Defeat this virus. No challenge is too great for the United States. Together we will beat this hidden enemy and take our country back.
It is an honor to represent you in Congress. For more information please visit my website, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages.
House Republican Whip