GNO, INC Update - 5/7/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
May 7, 2020 Update
- Ochsner Testing Study – Ochsner Health System announced plans to test 2,500 residents in Orleans and Jefferson Parish for coronavirus and the antibodies. Data collected during the study will be used to determine how widespread COVID-19 is within the two parishes. Eligible participants must be a resident of Orleans or Jefferson Parish, be over the age of 18, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. You can learn more here.
- Getting Back to Work, in the New Normal – Today, GNO, Inc. hosted a webinar on “Getting Back to Work in the New Normal.” Partners included Ochsner, Stirling Properties, andPalmisano. The webinar explored the current health status of the region, and GNO, Inc.’s plan for restarting the Greater New Orleans economy with a responsible and safety-first approach. You can watch a recording of the full webinar here. You can download the full plan here.
- New Orleans Testing – Free COVID-19 testing started today at Franklin Avenue Baptist Church, in New Orleans East, through Saturday, from 8am to 3pm. More information here.
- GNO, Inc. Webinars – This week, GNO, Inc. is hosting three webinars that are open to the public. These webinars include:
- “Getting Back to Work, in the New Normal: Best Practices for Business Reopening” – Lastweek, GNO, Inc. released a plan for restarting the Greater New Orleans economy, and reopening businesses with a responsible and safety-first approach. The plan provides robust industry-specific recommendations and a framework to safely restart the region’s economy, as well as opportunities for the future. This plan was developed in partnership with many stakeholders, ranging from regional companies, to industry associations, to national consultancies, to global country examples.
Are you looking for:
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130