GNO, INC Update - 5/6/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
May 6, 2020 Update
- Announcement on Next Steps – Governor John Bel Edwards is expected to make anannouncement on Monday regarding if Louisiana is ready to move into Phase 1 of reopening the economy on May 15. Louisiana’s current stay at home order is set to expire on May 14. You can read more here.
- Walk-Up Testing - Jefferson Parish, the City of Gretna and the City of Kenner will conduct mobile walk-up COVID-19 testing on May 7 and May 8. On May 7, testing will be available at Regular Baptist Church in Gretna, and on May 8, testing will be available at the Jefferson Parish Library in Kenner.
- GNO, Inc. Webinars – This week, GNO, Inc. is hosting three webinars that are open to the public. These webinars include:
- “Getting Back to Work, in the New Normal: Best Practices for Business Reopening” – Lastweek, GNO, Inc. released a plan for restarting the Greater New Orleans economy, and reopening businesses with a responsible and safety-first approach. The plan provides robust industry-specific recommendations and a framework to safely restart the region’s economy, as well as opportunities for the future. This plan was developed in partnership with many stakeholders, ranging from regional companies, to industry associations, to national consultancies, to global country examples. You can read the full plan here.
Are you looking for:
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130