GNO, INC Update - 5/15/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
May 12, 2020 Update
- Parish Reopening Plans – In response to Governor Edward’s announcement yesterday to reopen Louisiana (Phase 1), parishes in Greater New Orleans have begun to announce parish-specific guidelines. Parishes have largely followed the guidance outlined by the Governor (see below), but do have the discretion to enact stricter guidelines. Below are the available announcements made by each parish in Greater New Orleans:
- State Reopening Plan– Yesterday, Governor John Bel Edwards announced that Louisiana will begin to move into Phase 1 of reopening the economy starting on May 15th. Phase 1 is expected to last a minimum of 21 days before moving into Phase 2. Under Phase 1, the following types of businesses may now be open, with limitations (25% occupancy, sanitation, spacing for physical distancing):
- Solo and non-contact sports
- Barbers and salons
- Museums, zoos, aquariums (no tactile exhibits)
- Gyms and fitness centers
- In malls, only stores with exterior entrances
- Restaurants, coffee shops and cafes
- Bars and breweries with LDH food permit – takeout, delivery and dine-in seating only
- Casinos and Video Poker
- Racetracks (not open to spectators)
- (Massage establishments, spas, tattoo parlors, and all other places of public amusement from 52 JBE 2020 remain closed)
- Yesterday’s presentation may be viewed here
- Business leaders should register at OpenSafely.la.gov to receive guidance applicable to them, as well as updates from the State Fire Marshal’s office and the Louisiana Department of Health
- GNO, Inc. Partner Briefing: Regional Transportation Digital Breakfast Briefing - On May 13, GNO, Inc. will join Ride New Orleans and the Regional Planning Commission to host a special digital breakfast briefing on to highlight what changes to regional transit are being discussed and how regional business leaders can get involved. You can learn more and register here.
- “Getting Back to Work, in the New Normal: Best Practices for Business Reopening” – Last week, GNO, Inc. released a plan for restarting the Greater New Orleans economy, and reopening businesses with a responsible and safety-first approach. The plan provides robust industry-specific recommendations and a framework to safely restart the region’s economy, as well as opportunities for the future. This plan was developed in partnership with many stakeholders, ranging from regional companies, to industry associations, to national consultancies, to global country examples.
Are you looking for:
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org VP Policy Ileana Ledet at email@example.com any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130