GNO, INC Update - 4/18/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
April 18, 2020 Update
- Lawmakers Optimistic on 4th Relief Package– Congress expressed optimism Saturday that negotiators are honing in on a deal for a fourth coronavirus relief package. Multiple sources with knowledge of the talks say that a number of lawmakers expect to return to Washington early next week in anticipation of movement on the legislation. One source familiar with the talks said they anticipate the agreement to include additional funding for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), funding for rural hospitals and additional testing. However, the source noted it all remains in flux. You can read more here.
- Federal Aid to be Expanded for Farmers – The USDA announced an additional $19 Billion aid package for farmers and food producers. The package will include $16 billion in direct payments for eligible producers. Eligibility is decided by whether a producer has been materially injured by the COVID-19 pandemic. The remaining $3 billion is will go to purchase edible food through public-private partnerships. Learn more here.
- “Loan Gumbo”: Determining Which Loan is Best for You – GNO, Inc. has released the following information to help businesses determine which loan product and other assistance is best for their needs:
- Coronavirus Loan Comparison Chart- click here
- Loan Gumbo Webinar Video - click here
- FAQs on the Paycheck Protection Program and other loans - click here
Are you looking for:
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- Employees? – A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on theWorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register onGNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130