GNO Inc Update - June 16, 2020
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) Program Accepting Applications – The Small Business Administration (SBA) announced that it would begin accepting new EIDL and EIDL Advance applications from qualified small business and agricultural businesses. The SBA had previously halted accepting new applications as of April 15. Any applications that were submitted prior to April 15 will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Small business that are eligible can receive advances that do not have to be paid back ($1,000 per employee up to a maximum of $10,000). To learn more about the EIDL click here.
- State Liability Protections Signed into Law – A set of bills that limit liability for businesses and other entities from coronavirus-related claims has been signed by the Governor. House Bill 826 states that no individual or government will be liable for civil damages from exposure to COVID-19 in the course of business - unless there is evidence of gross negligence and they were not in substantial compliance with applicable safety procedures. Also signed was a pair of bills by legislators from the GNO region which provide protections for specific businesses. Senate Bill 491 by Sen. Sharon Hewitt provides liability protection for businesses that have pivoted to producing and distributing personal protective equipment. Senate Bill 508 by Sen. Patrick McMath applies to restaurants providing takeout. Each of these measures had overwhelming support in the Louisiana Legislature.
- State Guidelines on Indoor Music Updated - The state's Phase II guidelines on indoor live music have been updated. Indoor live entertainment, which includes bands, can take place by submitting a written request to the State Fire Marshall. Orleans Parish guidelines differ in a few respects and do not yet provide for live music performances. To read an article summarizing the change, please click here.
Information & Resources:
- Coronavirus Supplies – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Marketplace.
- Coronavirus Customers – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- Work – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- Employees – A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Talent Directory. GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- General Information – A range of guides and materials are catalogued on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
SBA for PPP Information:
The SBA EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) program is once again open to businesses, as of June 15th. Remember, you contact the Small Business Development Center at Southeastern Louisiana University for assistance with the EIDL program. The SBDC is funded by the SBA and is pretty plugged into the SBA programs. Call 985-549-3831 during normal business hours. Leave your name and call-back number and someone will get back to you.
Please feel free to contact me or GNO, Inc. President & CEO Michael Hecht at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.