Severe Weather Update: April 26, 2023
Click HERE, HERE and HERE for an update concerning the severe weather and heavy rain threat for Thursday.
WHAT: SLIGHT RISK of Severe Weather and Excessive Rainfall
WHEN: Slight risk of severe storms mainly starting around 5 a.m., and lasting through 3 p.m., on Thursday. Slight risk of excessive rainfall throughout the day Thursday until around midnight with the majority of rainfall possibly during the afternoon and evening hours.
WHERE: Slight Risk of severe storms for all areas. Slight Risk of excessive rainfall mainly for the eastern half of the area.
CONFIDENCE: High confidence in thunderstorms over the area and that some of these will be strong to severe and producing heavy rainfall. Moderate confidence with timing.
The main threats associated with any severe storms will be:
- Wind gusts greater than 60 mph will be possible
- Trees and powerlines could be damaged and lead to isolated/scattered power outages
- Large hail up to 1.5 inches in diameter will be possible
- A few tornadoes will be possible; risk is greatest with storms ahead of the main line
- In addition to the severe weather threat, rainfall of 1 to 3 inches is forecast with locally higher amounts possible.
- This rainfall could lead to ponding of water in low-lying areas and areas of poor drainage.
- Street flooding is likely from some storms, and flash flooding will be possible especially if the line begins to slow down.