GNO Inc Update - May 30,31 2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
May 30-31, 2020 Update
- Phase 2 of Reopening – Governor John Bel Edwards is expected to announce tomorrow, June 1 (at 2:30pm), if Louisiana will meet the requirements to move on to Phase 2 of reopening the economy on June 5. You can read more about Phase 2 guidelines here.
- Regular Session Nears End – The House and Senate met Sunday at the State Capitol, as lawmakers worked to finish up remaining outstanding items before the Legislature's regular session end, tomorrow at 6:00pm. Immediately upon adjourning sine die tomorrow, the Legislature will reconvene and start a month-long special session. You can see the call of the special session here.
- Unemployment FAQ – GNO, Inc. has produced an FAQ that answers unemployment questions, including how businesses can keep employees working while still allowing them to collect the $600 federal unemployment insurance. You can find the FAQ here.
Are you looking for:
- Coronavirus Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Marketplace.
- Coronavirus Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.