GNO, INC Update - 5/9/2020 & 5/10/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
May 9 & 10, 2020 Update
- Governor to Deliver Update on Stay at Home Order Tomorrow – Governor John Bel Edwards is expected to announce tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 whether the current stay at home order will be revised after the expiration of the current directives on May 15. Businesses who would like to receive updated notifications and guidance from the State Fire Marshal’s Office specific to their business type can register at opensafely.la.gov.
- State Budget Update Tomorrow – The state will get a better idea of the budget outlook tomorrow morning when the Revenue Estimating Conference presents information on how much money the state may expect to collect this year, and the impact of the coronavirus. The presentation and other legislative hearings are streamed live on the Legislature website legis.la.gov.
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans Update – The SBA today released its latest report on Round Two funding of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). So far in this round, Louisiana has received more than 37,000 loans totaling more than $2.2 billion. Louisiana businesses received $5.1 billion in loans in Round One. Funding remains available for the program. You can find GNO, Inc. resources on the PPP here.
- Main Street Lending Program Webinar – GNO, Inc. hosted a webinar on Friday on the Main Street Lending Program. Partners included Adams and Reese and Jones Walker. You can watch a recording of the full webinar here.
- “Getting Back to Work, in the New Normal: Best Practices for Business Reopening” – Lastweek, GNO, Inc. released a plan for restarting the Greater New Orleans economy, and reopening businesses with a responsible and safety-first approach. The plan provides robust industry-specific recommendations and a framework to safely restart the region’s economy, as well as opportunities for the future. This plan was developed in partnership with many stakeholders, ranging from regional companies, to industry associations, to national consultancies, to global country examples.
Are you looking for:
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130