GNO, INC Update - 5/8/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
May 8, 2020 Update
- Governor to Announce New Coronavirus Directives Monday – At a press conference today, Governor John Bel Edwards confirmed that he will announce Monday what his new orders will be for the state after the expiration of the current directives on May 15. You can see the press conference here.
- PAR COVID-19 Benchmarks – The Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana released Tracking COVID-19 Benchmarks: A Louisiana citizen’s tool for marking progress and regression. The report provides data for each region of the state showing the performance on key gateway criteria that are used by the state and recommended by the White House and CDC for evaluating the next steps in reopening the economy.
- Main Street Lending Webinar – Today, GNO, Inc. hosted a webinar on the Main Street Lending Program. Partners included Adams and Reese and Jones Walker. You can watch a recording of the full webinar here.
- “Getting Back to Work, in the New Normal: Best Practices for Business Reopening” – Lastweek, GNO, Inc. released a plan for restarting the Greater New Orleans economy, and reopening businesses with a responsible and safety-first approach. The plan provides robust industry-specific recommendations and a framework to safely restart the region’s economy, as well as opportunities for the future. This plan was developed in partnership with many stakeholders, ranging from regional companies, to industry associations, to national consultancies, to global country examples.
Are you looking for:
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130