GNO, INC Update - 5/21/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
May 21, 2020 Update
- New Orleans Milestone Dashboard – Orleans Parish has released a new “Milestone Dashboard” that shows data on new cases, testing, contact tracing & hospital capacity alongside targets. You can see the dashboard, updated daily, at ready.nola.gov/milestones.
- Tulane BRACE - Tulane University has established the Business Resilience and Community Education (BRACE) Program to provide business with consultation to help follow guidelines and best practices for reopening. The free in-person or virtual consultations will be provided by Tulane medical students. Interested businesses are asked to email email@example.com to schedule a consolation.
- GNOpivot Marketplace – This week Greater New Orleans, Inc. launched the GNOpivot Marketplace, a free online platform for regional businesses that provide high-demand products and services for the coronavirus outbreak and post-pandemic recovery. GNOpivot Marketplace is the region’s destination to explore and buy products for the “New Normal” economy. GNOpivot Marketplace will ensure that companies can provide their workers and customers with the right level of protection during Phase 1 of reopening and beyond.
Greater New Orleans, Inc. has created this platform, at no cost for participants, in response to an expressed need for new items in the community upon reopening. Each seller maintains their own listings and transactions with customers. The GNOpivot Marketplace is inviting any company that has adjusted its products or services to this “new normal” economy to join and list their offering on the GNOpivot Marketplace by going to gnopivot.org.
- Louisiana Reopening – Last Friday, Louisiana formally began Phase 1 of reopening. Phase 1 is expected to last a minimum of 21 days before moving into Phase 2. Under Phase 1, the following types of businesses may now be open, with limitations (25% occupancy, sanitation, spacing for physical distancing):
- Solo and non-contact sports
- Barbers and salons
- Museums, zoos, aquariums (no tactile exhibits)
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Restaurants, coffee shops and cafes
- Bars and breweries with LDH food permit – takeout, delivery and dine-in seating only
- Casinos and Video Poker
- Racetracks (not open to spectators)
- (Massage establishments, spas, tattoo parlors, and all other places of public amusement remain closed)
You can register to receive updates on state guidance from opensafely.la.gov. The website is being updated to provide the option to download information specific to your business type without registering on the site. Registration is not used for tracking purposes – it only provides a business with automated notifications as guidance is updated
- Parish Reopening Plans – In response to Governor Edward’s announcement to reopen Louisiana (Phase 1), parishes in Greater New Orleans have begun to announce parish-specific guidelines. Parishes have largely followed the guidance outlined by the Governor (see below), but do have the discretion to enact stricter guidelines. Below are the available announcements made by each parish in Greater New Orleans:
- Jefferson Parish
- Orleans Parish
- Plaquemines Parish
- St. Bernard Parish
- St. Charles Parish
- St. John the Baptist Parish
- St. Tammany Parish
Are you looking for:
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130