GNO, INC Update - 4/29/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
April 29, 2020 Update
- Governor John Bel Edwards White House Visit – Today, Governor John Bel Edwards visited the White House to discuss the state’s coronavirus response with President Donald Trump and other officials. The Trump administration recently committed to deliver 200,000 tests a month to Louisiana to equip the state for a phased reopening, likely in mid-May.
- Paycheck Protection Program Update – The U.S. Treasury Department continues to roll out more guidance on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). An additional FAQ added today confirms that a business that was in operation on February 15, 2020, but has experienced a change in ownership since that time, is eligible for a PPP loan if it meets other eligibility criteria.
- Additional Stimulus Check – White House economic advisor Kevin Hasset indicated that the Trump administration is studying the possibility of additional stimulus checks for Americans. These stimulus payments would be in addition to the $1,200 payments that went out to many Americans earlier this month.
- “Getting Back to Work, in the New Normal: Best Practices for Business Reopening” – This week, GNO, Inc. released a plan for restarting the Greater New Orleans economy, and reopening businesses with a responsible and safety-first approach. The plan provides robust industry-specific recommendations and a framework to safely restart the region’s economy, as well as opportunities for the future. This plan was developed in partnership with many stakeholders, ranging from regional companies, to industry associations, to national consultancies, to global country examples. You can read the full plan here.
- GNO, Inc. Webinar: Help for the Music Industry – On April 30, at 2:00pm, GNO, Inc. will host an informational webinar that will include an in-depth discussion about local and national relief opportunities for companies, businesses, and workers in the music industry. You can register here.
Are you looking for:
- NEW RESOURCE – GNO, Inc. introduces GNOmatch, whereby we provide custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- Employees? – A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130