Building Permits are required through this office before any structure is built in the Parish of Tangipahoa. All subcontractors (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing) are required to obtain permits on new construction in Tangipahoa Parish.
All contractors and subcontractors are required to be registered with the Tangipahoa Parish Permit Office.
Building Permit Process:
1. Obtain an address for the property. Call the 911 office (985) 747-0911
2. Bring a copy of the survey or deed of your property and your building plans to the Permit Office
a. A flood determination of your property must be done by our office, if in a special flood hazard area you must obtain an elevation certificate first, and then submit certificate for approval from Community Development before building permit is issued.
b. A plan review must be done by our office
c. An application must be submitted along with survey or deed (legal description) to the Environmental Health Department in order to obtain sewer approval. Amite Office-(985) 748-2024, Hammond Office-(985) 543-4175. If your location is on the Tangipahoa Parish Sewer District, contact (985) 542-8877.
3. Once you have been notified by Environmental Health that your sewer approval is ready, you can go to the Permit Office for a permit. Please bring the following:
a. Building Plans (if not previously submitted)
b. Completed building application
c. Sewer approval
d. Notarized homeowner affidavit (if acting as homeowner contractor)
e. Survey or deed (if not previously submitted)
f. DEQ Storm water permit (if you are building in a subdivision) Please see Q & A for Construction Contractors form for contact and permit information
g. Building permit fee (We accept Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card, and Discover). The Fee Schedule can be found by clicking here
Sub-Contractor Permit Process:
No subcontractor permits will be issued until the Building permit has been issued.
1. Make sure your subcontractor is registered with Tangipahoa Parish Permit Office (unless acting as a homeowner subcontractor)
Complete sub-contractor permit application and pay permit fee.
Moving Permit Guide
Moving permits are required through this office before any structure; including Manufactured Home, Houses, Portable Buildings, etc. can be moved in the Tangipahoa Parish. This permit is to be obtained by the Owner and is not the same as a state permit required for the mover. A copy must be provided to the mover to be kept in vehicle at the time of the move. (Required to avoid fines). An inspection from the Tangipahoa Parish Environment Health Office and a flood determination will be made before a permit will be issued. The Permit and Environment Health offices are located behind the Health Unit at 15485 Club Deluxe Road –Hammond, LA
1. Obtain an address for the property. Call the 911 Office (985)747-0911.
2. Bring address, and a copy of survey or deed of your property to the Permit Office
Hammond (985)542-2117 or Amite (985)748-2024
If you are located in the Sewer District call (985)542-8877
3. A flood determination of your property must be done by our office, if located in a special flood hazard area you must obtain an elevation certificate first, and then submit the original certificate for approval from Community Development first.
**Once you have been notified that your sewer approval is ready to be picked up from the Environment Health, you can go to the Permit Office for permit. (*If located in a special flood hazard area you must bring in the original elevation certificate into the Permit Office.)
Used Mobile Home $25.00
New Single Wide $60.00
New Double Wide $120.00
To get permanent power to the House/Manufactured Home:
LHS-47 or Sewer District final approval
If you are in a flood Hazard Area, a original final Elevation Certificate.
$20.00 Permit fee to send to Entergy